Thursday, March 10, 2011

1/2 Marathon

Yesterday Brian was talking about doing the Vegas 1/2 marathon, and I thought it might be fun to do together. Now if you know me you know that I don't like to run, but this would require time spent with Brian without Juliana. I know that sounds bad, but sometimes I could use a bit of a brake from my copy cat. She is going through a phase where she has to be everywhere mom is. I know she wants to play and be with mom, but sometimes I need my own time, and Brian and I need our own time together. Today I printed off a 10 week training plan. I really do think this will be fun, plus the Vegas marathon is at night on the strip, how can you get any cooler than that, oh yeah it's in December. I sure hope it's warm.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! And I was proud of myself for signing up for a 5k. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Way to be! That's great you have such a good goal! Nothing wrong with being away from a child for a break; everyone needs a break every once in awhile, esp. moms. Plus I think it helps ya be a better mom in the long-run anyway!

Maghann said...

That is an awesome goal!! And for you two to do together is even better! Nothing wrong with taking a break from your kid...it's good for the both of you :)