Our summer started off with these cute little birds building a nest under our porch. We have these little plastic things that stick out, because they are what we hang Christmas lights on (makes it much easier). These cute little birds used one to build a nest and it took them about two days to build it. It was a pretty big next for these two small birds. When my parents came they happened to tell us the birds where Barn Swallows and we didn't want them to be there, or they would remain there forever. Two days later Brian removed the nest. They haven't been back, but I think they just moved to the big Pine tree right out my window because there is definitely a nest of some sort in there. They are to loud in the morning not to be.
Next, but coolest of all, we have a little hummingbird nest. My mom was in town and had knocked down a wasp hive that was hanging on the back door (we don't use the back door often). Juliana was outside with her and I was on the other side of the door while this happened, it made Juli a little nervous. When she and I were walking in our front door so goes mommy, there is a wasp nest in the Conner. Being the brave mom that I am I go to investigate. The Hummingbird nest was no bigger than the wasp nest my mom had knocked down early. At first I really couldn't tell if it was a bird's nest or just an unfinished wasp nest. I called Brian out to look and we decided that the two long black things sticking out are beaks and don't worry about it. Well yesterday they were out and about. These hummingbirds where so stinking cute. I've always loved humming birds so know we have a feeder and are hoping the birds come back next year.
Last nest (that I know of) yesterday my dad was cutting back some branches on our flowering crabapple tree. After the first limb he cut down (it hit my car every time I drove into the drive way) a dove seemed to fall out and act like it couldn't fly. We both thought that was a little strange until my dad decided it must have a nest in the tree somewhere. It took cutting down a few more branches and some hard looking but we finally saw the nest. We were working in the flower patch around the tree all day and she stayed on that nest all day long.
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr 2014
11 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment