To start off I'm not against helping those in need, but I do think that becoming a welfare state is totally dangerous. I have to ask one question why is it that the ghettos are always the most dangerous? Is it because of the poverty or is it because of welfare? What does welfare actually do? It gives money to people who can not support themselves, that is a great idea, but does it help. How many people who are on welfare actually get off of welfare? If you are raised in the ghetto to you actually make it out. To me I think of the quote if you give a man a fish he is fed for one night, if you teach a man to fish is fed for a lifetime. What does welfare teach people? From what I have seen it teaches people that they deserve things from those around them. You breed this idea that all those people that have stuff, they owe it to me, they should give me this and that, it is rightfully mine. I was listening to a to talk radio in the summer they were discussing the Arizona immigration bill and a lady called in and said she was against it. It went on for a few minutes and I can't remember what they were talking about but when the host asked her what she did for a living she said right now I'm on welfare, the host interrupted and said or so you don't mind living off the tax payer. The lady truly said I don't live off the tax payer it's Mr. Obama's money. I'm not saying everyone on welfare believes that, but I don't believe we need to change the system. I don't think that if all you do is sit at home and live off the government that you should be able to stay on welfare not forever. I think that there should be mandatory drug and alcohol testing. I'm sorry but if you can't afford food for you or your kids you can't afford drugs or alcohol. Like I said there are people who need the help and we do need to help them, we just need to find a why to teach them to fish not keep giving them the fish to barely survive.
To go along with that I don't believe in being a welfare state. The reason this country is the country it is, is because of being self dependent. We should try to get ourselves out of our own trouble. We should take care of ourselves. At this moment there are many country that are close to bankruptcy because they take care of their citizens, but now they can't afford too. In Greece even though it's citizens know that it is close to bankrupt but they protest against cutting any sort of benefit. Here in the U.S. we know that Social Security will run out in a few years, but no one is willing to look hard at fixing the problem. We can't rely on the government for everything we need to rely on ourselves.
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr 2014
11 years ago








3 comments:
I totally agree!
Ditto! Did you get your degree in History/Political stuff? I wish I knew more/understood better what was going on in the government! Hope you guys are doing well! Are you still in Manti?
Yep we are still in Manti and yes my degree is in Political Science with a minor in History. We are doing good how are you guys?
Post a Comment