This year just like every year sense we've been in Manti Brian had to work. That didn't stop Juliana and I from enjoying a hometown fourth of July. We went to Manti's park to enjoy all of the festivities. It really isn't that exciting, but Juliana loves it. She was in the foot race for the four year old. She "won" so she got to get a prize, she choose the bubbles. It was a really great thing she got the bubbles because she wanted to get her face painted. We stood in line for like an hour. There where three people painting faces, but this wasn't your normal painting on the cheek it was the whole face. She got a butterfly that was the flag, everyone loved it. It took about ten minutes to paint so you can image how long the line was. After that we got a shaved ice, this is one of Juliana's favorite treats. We went on a train ride around a couple of blocks. I wouldn't let her go on the pony ride those where horses not ponies, and I didn't want my fat shelf on a horse with her. It started to ran while we did the cupcake walk so we had to hide under the pavilion then walk home. I made the kid take a nap so she could stay up and watch the fireworks. She was pretty tuckered so she didn't fight to much. We went to the parade where she decided that she didn't want to hang out with mom anymore and ran to her best friend Emma she got quite a bit of candy and had a blast. Finally when it was dark (she had been asking all evening if it was dark yet) we set our chairs up in our front yard and watch Manti city's fireworks. They weren't bad for our little town. I love that I have the best seat from my front lawn. I don't have to take a wild child and try to make her sit in the football stadium. We also did sparklers. I bought fireworks, but we decided to wait until Brian could be there, because I don't light fireworks. It was a great day and Juliana had a blast.
1 comment:
What a great holiday! Glad to hear your daughter had so much fun!
Post a Comment