Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Juli's Birthday Party

My baby turned six this year and I really can't figure out where the time went. We have a family rule that every even birthday she gets a friend birthday party. Juliana loves her birthday she was planning her party in Feb. She is already planning her 8 year old party--not joking--. She changed her mind so many times that I finally decided that we would have a water party. She loves going to the pool and wanted to for her birthday, but being as I was 7 1/2 months pregnant I didn't want to go watch eight little girls at the pool so we had a water party in our backyard. It was actually really fun. I had water balloon pinatas that they had to break open. There was three balloons for every girl. I was amazed that all seven girls that we invited came so it was great. We started off eating cake and ice cream. I figured it would be better to get out of the way before everyone was wet. After that we did the pinatas. We went from pinatas to hot potato. It was so funny. When they got out they had to break the water balloon and they would throw it in the middle of the circle to see how many of the girls they could get wet. We moved from that into a balloon toss. The girls couldn't wait to get to the slip n' slide so they were just throwing the balloons to pop them. The slip n' slide was a tarp we had that I hung to 2 liter bottles with holes in over the top. We also had the sprinkler going in the middle so the girls got pretty wet. They loved it. They were running around screaming and jumping in the water. It was fun to see how much fun they had. Juliana had so much fun it was great. She got a lot of fun presents too. We opened presents last and then took everyone home. It was a great day, I was worn out, and hot but it was worth it.

No comments: