Tuesday, May 27, 2008
HELP WANTED
I need some advice Juliana is going through that mine phase where everything she sees is hers. The other day in Sacrament meeting she saw another little girl wearing sunglasses and she started screaming my glasses mine mine mine. It was a good thing that Sacrament hadn't started yet, but I knew it was going to be a great meeting. She has started throwing tantrums and wants everything. To get her to go to bed she has to have all of her babies in her crib with her and sometimes her doggies too (don't worry they are stuffed). My patience is wearing thin and I don't know what to do. If anyone has some friendly advice please I need the help. I have a very independent little girl who already thinks she knows best. Tonight she screamed for five minutes because I wouldn't let her take her marker and coloring book to bed with her. Love her to death, but she better get over the terrible two's quickly because she is not even two yet and she won't be for another two months. This is one very distraught mother. Good thing I only have one kid. I don't know yet if I could handle two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Okay Kori,
I've raised three kids through the terrible twos, and somehow I survived, but to tell you the truth, if I had to do it all again, I'd be no better at it now than I was then. The only advice I have is laugh when you want to cry, and when you want to scream lock yourself in the bathroom, turn on the shower and flush the toilet then scream. When you have finally lost your voice, or your bathroom starts to flood, go back to life and act like nothing happened while you were in the bathroom.
You've gotta love them for the lessons they teach. Especially, PATIENCE!!
Good Luck! I feel for you!
They say that you let them scream. Don't give into the tantrum or they will know that to get what they want all they have to do is scream! Sharing is a hard thing to teach. I am still trying to teach Jacie and she is amlost 4. Good Luck!
Post a Comment