Saturday, May 10, 2008

What a clutz

Yesterday I was running to answer the Motel phone when I tripped over my other foot, or my ankle just gave out. It had been hurting for a day or two which is normal. For a few years now it would just swell up for the fun of it. I could never figure out why. Back to yesterday, as I was falling a heard this great big popping noise and my ankle hurt, the weird thing was that at first it felt better then it started to get swollen and hurt really bad. I thought oh great now what have I done. I went to the doctor and I have a broken ankle, wonderful! They just can't tell if it was an old brake or a new one. I have to be completely off my foot. I don't think anyone really knows how difficult it is to be off a foot and a mother to a two year old unless it has happened to you. Juliana has been very helpful. If I had my crutch carried away by a little nymph she will bring it back and she helped me put away her toys today. She is being really great other than the fact that she likes to play with the splint on my ankle which pulls my ankle and hurts it. She just doesn't understand that that hurts mommy. When I do get upset and tell her that she can't play with mommy's cast she starts to cry, so then mommy feels bad. Getting Juliana in and out of her crib and high chair have been the toughest adjustments. Brian has been wonderful he went and got my pills for me and has been a great help. I just wish he didn't have to work this weekend. I am horrible at the crutches thing. I have decided that I do much better if I just hop around, but I look like an idiot. I'm also worried that if I continue to hop I will have to broken ankles instead of just one.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Koriann! That sucks! I hope it heals quickly!

The Mitchell's said...

That is the pits! I sure hope you don't have to be down for to long.

Cashelle said...

So sorry Kori. I hope you feel better soon!