Juliana is closer to three now than two and the tantrums have just started. I don't know if I've been lucky or if it's really supposed to be the terrible three's. I have heard people tell me that the three's are worse than the two's. What led to this post was yesterday. I have been sick for the last couple of days so Juliana has had the run of the house, I didn't have to energy to run after her. Brian was home yesterday so she was a little better during the day, but after her nap she transformed into a monster. She woke up from her nap at four and for two hours all I heard was screaming. My visiting teachers stopped by and brought some candy with them, which I opened and was sharing some with her when I told her that was all she through a fit. I don't know where she learned this but she has started to say, but I really really really want it! Can I tell you how much I hate that particular sentence? We turned on cartoons for a little while to distract her, this was a good thing until I wanted to go back unsolved history and watch. She screamed for the rest of the show. I finally gave it and thought I'll give her a bath and put her to bed, boy was that a mistake. She started by pouring water over my head! She then would throw her soaking wet wash rags (her favorite toys, I know weird) at me. When I finally got her convinced that she better stop she started to slide down the slide. No we do not actually have a slide in our bathtub, but there is a seat that she loves to climb on and slide down. She did this once and then I caught her and put shampoo in her head. She started to scream. When I told her she couldn't slide anymore that was it. She screamed and screamed and screamed until all the water was out of the tub. She then started to scream because she didn't want to get out of the bath. Trust me it was an extremely trying evening. I finally got her dress and in her room where she had to finish her tantrum. Once she finally stopped screaming I let her out and she was pretty good the rest of the night, but for three hours she almost drove me mad!
3 comments:
Oh i feel so bad... Addy was the same way, she was an angel and when she hit about 2 and 7 months she turned into a little devil child.... tantrums, getting into things, tell me NO, put up her hand when i try to talk to her, i think it only gets worse from here... But i feel for you!!
Can I just say that I am laughing my head off. I feel sorry for you, but I can't stop laughing, and tears are running down my cheeks. The tears of my sorrow for you, the laughter is over the memories your post brought back.
I need to stop reading your blog...i am getting nervous for when Reddek gets older...don't tell me it just gets worse!
Post a Comment