Friday, May 8, 2009

Vegas Baby

Over the last weekend in April we made a trip down to Las Vegas. It was great fun. We had a little niece born she was 5 lbs 9 ounces. It was so great to be able to be there when Kelsie was born. We also had a great time visiting with Juliana's favorite uncle, uncle Mason and Mandy. On Saturday we went to their new house for a BBQ get together. It was great. They have a pool so Juliana had her swimsuit and she defiantly needs to learn to swim this summer. Mason had to jump in the water to save her, because she would just jump in she had absolutely no fear. I have been trying to teach her how to hold her breath and breath in the water, but so far I haven't had that much success. The reason it was Mason that jumped in was because I was in the kitchen trying to help, and Brian was the one doing the barbecuing. It was a bit scary hearing the splash and knowing exactly what it was. That girl loves water way too much. We finally got her out of the water (it was after dark) and dry so that she could eat. It is a good thing she slept well that night or I might I have come unglued. Sunday was a when Andrea went into the hospital, but she had to had have some drug to prepare her body for labor, so she wasn't really started until the next morning. Because of this, we decided to stay an extra night. I called off work and Brian burned four hours. We also went swimming again on Monday. Juliana really has no fear. There is a waterfall at Mason pool which is probably four feet up above the water, Juliana had no fear of jumping off of it. I can't believe that girl. It really must be true that fears is learned. I don't know one thing that she won't do! After swimming we went to the hospital to see Kelsie, because Juliana wasn't allowed in the room she got to stay with grandma and grandpa. It was also nice that they watch her so that we could go to the Red Lobster with Mason and Mandy. We had a waitress that about told us her life story and I'm not kidding. If you want details you'll have to ask because this post is to long already. It was a great weekend, but on the way home Brian got a speeding ticket! What a great way to end a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

it seems like julianna can really use some swimming lessons. then it would be more fun for you and her. :)

my blog address changed to mimiguggle.blogspot.com

Cameron and BreAnn said...

I love how she's fearless...Brayden is the opposite. Sounds like you had a great time in Vegas! Where's all the pictures? I want to see your cute family!