Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My rant

Considering the fact that I spent four years getting a degree in Political Science I'm going to state what I think about health care. This is a warning so you might want to stop reading right about now. Do I believe that this country needs health care reform absoultely. Do I believe this bill is the answer that is a resounding NO! Any bill that has to be bought, and is so bipartisan is not what this country needs. When an overwhelming majority of the population is against it, it is not what this country needs. Do you realize that the founding fathers argueed about declaring independence for months. After they finally voted for independence and had Jefferson wright it, they then had a committee that revised it. Granted they didn't change to much, but they still changed things to the Declaration of Independence. The delegates from PA refused to vote, because they knew it needed to be unanoumas decided and their constintuents didn't want independence. They listened to the people they represent. At this moment with this congress I feel like going to D.C. with a sign that says no taxation without represention. Our congressmen and senators have stopped representing the people and are more worried about getting re-elected. That is what worries me most about this bill. It is not government now controls health care which is bad enough, but that it was a rushed bill that didn't matter what the public wanted. We no longer have a republic. We have moved one step closer to socialism. Health care is not a right. Our country's values have changed we now expect the government to fix all of our problems. When that happens we give up all of our freedoms. Socialism and communism sound great on paper, but not in pracitice just look at history. We need to stop and think what government is really supposed to do.

10 comments:

Maghann said...

THANK YOU KORI!!!!! I wish a lot more people understood that. Instead, some people are just looking at the health care bill and (and liking it) and not thinking about what that says about our country in the long run. I am super scared about where we are headed. :(

Amber said...

Amen! Truly, bring on the bomb shelters because we might as well get ready to live in the "OLD" days.

Jenn said...

Hahaha. Koriann, remember when you used to call yourself a democrat in college? You even talked about possibly interning for Ted Kennedy. My, how things have changed. ;)

bandkworky said...

Not true, I was a Utah Democrat and I'm not truly against health care reform, but the government can't run it. Jenn, tell me one thing that is government run that is actually not bankrupt.

Jenn said...

Ummmm... I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm sorry if my comment offended you. Now I'm afraid that you thought I was laughing at you or the comments you made. I wasn't. I respect them, and I would never say anything out of disrespect.

I was just thinking about college and going to poly sci classes with you... that's all.

bandkworky said...

I'm not upset, I just truly don't believe that any bill should be past just on a party line, that isn't the best thing for us, and I will admit to becoming a bit more on the right side now, but still not totally I'm more of a middle dweller.

Jenn said...

Good :) I totally understand where you are coming from. My comment was just a lame attempt at a joke... or something.

Teryl said...

Maybe I should start calling you Odessa. But, I totally agree with you. We need reform, but not this. This whole thing smells like a boat load of tea.

bandkworky said...

I totally won't mind being called my grandma I loved that lady. She was the best. Jenn, it was pretty funny cause I did think I was a democrat and then I realized that I just can't be that liberal.

Katie McCaul said...

I am glad some people understand it...i sure don't and wish i did. I am just scared of what is going to happen!