Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sheep

In case you didn't know we have nine sheep on our back pasture. One is a yearling that we are going to be killing here soon and another is a ram. The other seven we hope are pregnant. The starting of our lambing season was on Feb. 15. We have been watching for lambs for a couple of weeks without having any, until last night. One of the ewes had twins. I need to run down and see if one is still alive, the other one is up and eating and doing great. It made it through the night yippee. We expect a couple more to go here within a few more days. I was actually surprised not to see more lambs when I got home from work today, but I guess you just can't rush these things.

4 comments:

Maghann said...

Pictures!! Pictures!!! i love cute little baby lambs - i wish i could have one!!!

bandkworky said...

Well, I'll put up some pictures but you can always come down and see them.

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

You are planning a lot of projects this year. Aren't you? What else do you have going? :)

bandkworky said...

Oh I don't know, I have to learn to have an organized house and other fun things. Next time i get down to Vegas we should really do something.