Juliana has never really enjoyed the car. Even as an infant she would scream her head off instead of going to sleep, because of this we have always tried to travel at nap time. It didn't work on the way home from California. I only bring this up because of a cute story. Juliana slept for about the first 45 minutes of a 5 1/2 hr. drive. We stopped to get her something to eat in Barstow and from that point on she was screaming and wiggling out of her car seat. I tried to get her to watch Cinderella, and Lady and the Tramp, neither one worked. She wanted out of that car and fast. She can't get her car seat unbuckled but she learned how to get her arms out of the straps it was a lot of fun. I finally got so fed up I turned around and said Juliana "why don't you just go to sleep"! She answered "Sure" and about two seconds later I hear snoring. She was snoring, pretending to be asleep and snoring like daddy does (and mommy). What two year old pretends to snore. I had a better attitude for all of five minutes because I couldn't stop laughing. It was to funny. After that though she just went back to complaining about being in the car. We finally got her to be quite twenty minutes outside of Vegas, we told her we would stop and she the fish, but only if she was good. It worked for the most part and we stopped ath the Bass Pro Shop which was really fun.
3 comments:
I feel for you, Marquel hated her car seat when she was little, every time we went somewhere, it was a nightmare--crying, throwing things, and just plain making it miserable for all who were in the car with us! Hope it gets better!! I did like the pretend snoring!! how cute:)
Hi,
Seriously, how long has it been?!
I'm glad you find me. We live in Summerlin and yes, definitely come and visit us when you come down to visit your family.
Hope to see you soon.
That is a long drive for any two year old! That is funny, my youngest (who is also two) likes to pretend snore- he got that from his big brother! I am sorry! When Audric is crying, or throwing a fit I just give him snacks.....he is my eater! He LOVES food! Good Luck!
Post a Comment