Wednesday, July 21, 2010

4 yrs. old

Juliana had her birthday party on Saturday. I can't believe that she is four. Next year she goes to Kindergarten I'm pretty sure I'm going to be one of those moms that cries. We had a friend birthday party. It actually went really well. My mother made cupcakes for me and decorated them. I had made a cake and it actually turned out but I'll talk later on that. We started off making Sailboats with the kids. They were little foams ones that were easy to make and floated in water. We then headed outside to race them in the little kiddie pool. They loved it. Juliana had a melt down when she didn't win one of her races, but oh well she got over it. I then took the kids inside to play with the balloons and hang out for a few minutes while Brian and my dad got the treasure hunt ready. We took them on a little treasure hunt, we made sure that every child found one of the clues and helped. The treasure was there goody bags. I found these really cute treasure boxes at Oriental Trading we filled them will some toys and candy. They also had gold coins in them. They were a huge hit. After that we went inside for some "cake" and ice cream. It went pretty well. I was amazed that it really did take the two hours I had put on the invitations. Juliana got some really great presents from her friends. The party ended at three, at five we were having a family BBQ to celebrate. We had BBQ turkey and some salads. It was lots of fun. Mason and Mandy came from Mt. Pleasant, my parents, my sister and her three kids, my brother and his family, my sweet mother-in-law and us. We ate the cake at the BBQ. I made two round cakes and put them on top of one another and then covered them in fondant. I then added a sailboat made of rice crispy treats which was also covered in fondant. The ship was sinking by the time we ate it. The sailboat was a little to heave for the cake. It was really cute though. My mom wrote Happy Birthday on it for me. My hand is definitely not steady enough to do that. All in all it was a great day, but it did take me two days to recover.

3 comments:

Maghann said...

Yay!!!! Sounds like fun! Miss you babe :)

Stacy said...

Four years already! That sounds like a lot of fun! I want to see pics of the cake!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

HOw fun! And I also want to see some pictures! I bet she's a cutie!