Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Year's Resolutions!

I know that I'm really late with this, but I thought it would be better to actually have my resolutions somewhere where I'd actually read them almost everyday. First and for most is as you already know to do Juliana's hair everyday. This one is going to take me awhile to get used too. I have to get up which is also a resolution. This particular one still needs work. I also want to walk everyday. Juliana loves to go in her stroller and I'm terrible at taking her on walks, which I still am. It is just to cold, but I must brave the weather. The hardest resolution for me to keep is the one of trying to do a weekly dinner planner. I have now done this for two weeks (last week and this week) but it takes so much time. The reason I wanted to do this is because I'm terrible at grocery shopping unless I have a list. Going shopping once a week saves me a lot of money, even though you have to spend a lot more at one time. It also saves me money on frozen dinners for Brian. He gets to eat a home cooked meal before going to work now. He normally has to take them with him because I'm not that great at having dinner ready to eat at 4 p.m. or earlier. It is also a healthier habit to be in. I'm great at crock potting, but if you have any great dinner ideas that don't take to long to prepare I need some more ideas. Thanks! Well there are my resolutions for 2009!

5 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

Those sound like good ones! I also need to do a weekly meal planner. I suck at shopping and cooking...I think I might need to add that to my list.

bandkworky said...

It takes me forever, because I can't ever decided what to have for dinner next week. We are trying to get our food storage started and I figured this was a good way to find meals we liked, so I could buy extra stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I used to do the 2 week shopping and loved it! It saved us tons of money! It's alot of work to get list ready and then shop for that much time but well worth it! We like Quesadillas. Very easy and leftovers are cake and very good!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

That's great! And I think it's HARD work to get dinner ready by 4. Cam works 2 days of the week and has to leave by 4:30...so, we try to have dinner by 4...yep, hard work.

Westons said...

Those are great resolutions. Your daughter will love all those walks (they don't seem to care if it's cold) :)
I just attended a class on meal planning. So I am also trying to be better at cooking dinner. Fast food & frozen food is so stink'n' expensive!!! I cook a lot out of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, but I also like the Kraft Foods magazine that comes in the mail. You can sign up to receive them at www.kraftfoods.com/free (or get the recipes online).
Kraft's recipes use a lot of prepared items so that makes it faster and still cheaper than eating out. Keep a list of all the recipes (and the ingredients) your family likes (my goal is 30 but I only have about 15) and then you just rotate through them and it's really easy to make your shopping list. Make a good list so you don't go to the grocery store more than once a week. Even if you go for one item you end up buy lots more, so only going once saves you lots of money. I hope some of this helps.
Good luck!