Yesterday Mrs. Otten was gone, which I knew was going to be the case, but the substitute that they got for her did really know what she was doing. I don't know if they thought she needed a substitute for me, or if I was really supposed to be the sub and they didn't let me know this, but for some reason I became the substitute teacher. The other lady had lunch duty for the first hour of Kindergarten now let me remind everyone that Kindergarten is only 2 1/2 hours long. She finally arrived after the kids went to P.E. I was thrown into this situation completely unprepared. I wasn't expecting to be the sub so I didn't read the prepared lesson until about thirty minutes into class. After that I had the kids asking if they could play this game or that. It was a lot of fun. After my helper (whom I still thought to be the actual sub) came she still only did the aid duties. It was a good thing it was just centers and one final group activity and time to go home. Those kids where starting to get on my nerves. They were little monsters. I guess that is what happens when the teacher isn't there.
No comments:
Post a Comment