Friday, April 9, 2010

A couple of great reads

Okay, so I know that I'm on some sort of kick here, but I thought I would post this anyway. Working at a library isn't that great for a person who likes to read (me). Early January my boss asked me to come in with a book sales man with him and see what book I found interesting in the poli sci section along with the history section. Those books are starting to come in now and I'm starting to really want to read all of them, let me tell you we order about 250 books, not all on these two subjects but anyway. I was going through some books that had been donated to the library and found one called the 5000 year miracle. It is about the miracle of our constitution. I am thirty pages into and can't believe all the stuff I didn't know. If you are at all interested in Politics or History it is a great read. The other book that I believe every one should read is the Federalist Papers. This is a collection of papers written by John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Madison. It gives you a lot of detail about what the founding fathers really believed. It also shows how they thought this country should be ran. Truly an amazing read, if you have the time. It is sometimes hard to read, but worth the effort.

2 comments:

Maghann said...

My co-worker rants and raves about the 5000 Year Leap. I need to go and get that. THanks for the suggestions :)

bandkworky said...

It's a great book, especially if you are into that sorta stuff and considering I spent two years learning it I guess that qualifies as into that stuff.