I hate doctors they can never seem to figure out what is wrong so I don't like to go. For a few months (mostly sense Feb.) I have been having weird vision issues. Whenever I get up my vision goes blurry and dark. The first five to ten steps I take are completely blind. I believed this was happening because I was dehydrated, which was totally possible I don't drink enough water. Almost two weeks ago I noticed it getting worse my vision would blur while looking at my computer screen or changing lights. I finally decided this was not because I was dehydrated and went to see the eye doctor. He took one look at my optic nerve and set me up with a CT Scan. I have to much spinal fluid in the brain causing lots of pressure, so much in fact that my optic nerve is swollen and has hemorrhaged a couple of times. This has also been effecting my ears. There wasn't anything on the CT Scan so we can be assured it is not a brain tumor. Great news I know. Know I have to go in for a lumbar puncture or Spinal Tap. I know I'm going to be fine, but the words spinal tap scare the crap out of me. The problem is that I completely asked for this. I was telling my friend how blessed I was and that I hadn't ever had to go through any really difficult trails so here we are. I still know how blessed I am and I know that my Heavenly Father is looking out for me. I needed this and will learn a lot from it all.
4 comments:
Girlfriend! Um... blurry vision is generally a good thing to have checked out. You poor thing - Spinal tap is a little scary, but it will be okay. Is there anything I can do? Let me know what day you are going in for the procedure. Love you! I'll send a few extra prayers your way.
Hope all goes well with you Korianne. That would be scary, but I'm really glad that your faith is there and you're using Heavenly Father as your guide. You will be blessed for that! Good luck and keep us posted :)
Good luck with the Spinal Tap. Praying for you... :)
Thanks, it's today at noon, so I'm hanging out at home until I have to go. The scariest part is going to have it done in MT. Pleasant.
Post a Comment