Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We have a great old fashioned small town 4th of July celebration. The parade was on the evening of the 3rd and it had plenty of candy for Juliana. Hopefully if I can ration it right it will last until Halloween. She has learned quickly to run after the candy. Last year she would try to eat every piece that she picked up without taking the wrapper off. This year she put it right into her sack. She has learned that it tastes better if she waits and takes the wrapper off.




On the 4th there are all sorts of activies down at the park. There were foot races, booths, and a horse drawn carriage. With all that was going on all Juliana wanted to was go down the slide. There is a little purple tub that the kids have to climb through Juliana hasn't been able to until yesterday. I liked that because then I had control of which slides she went down, now she could go down the biggest ones. I was just a little nervous because she is fearless and the one slide is really steep. I'm just glad she decieded to try the twisty one. She loved it. For the first twenty minutes we were at the park she did one big circle up and down. It was so funny. She screamed when we took her away. We went on the carriage ride which she loved. I don't have any pictures though because well I went on it with her and don't really like pictures. The last picture is of the tube she had to climb up.














No comments: